Thursday, March 24, 2011

Splendid little War.

Declares War


News!


News

                                                                          
                                                                        









                  
                  

           Can newspapers and now television stir up so much feeling that they can create wars? I have two views to this. I do believe that this can be possible but I don't think it is likely to happen in our world today. I think this can happen because sometimes workers can say their own opinions on television and they can write things in newspapers. People can write misleading information. I think it can’t start a war because it’s not like the public can go on television or on a newspaper and express their opinions.
            If I lived in Europe I wouldn’t think that the U.S became a great world power by defeating Spain because Europe isn’t a bad place. I would just think they had to protect more land and control more people. I would think that Europe is good enough because it has diversity.  They have different places with different cultures and I think the U.S is bigger but it doesn’t mean they better. 

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I do think that newspapers and television, and today even the Internet, can DEFINITELY stir emotion which can lead to war, or even a revolution. Have you seen what's going on in Egypt and Libya? It's all been triggered by propaganda filtered via Twitter and Facebook. Those social networking sites are a continuation of newspapers and the Television. They spread democracy.

    ReplyDelete